2013년 12월 1일 일요일

Week 14 Current Event

$1 coins: Unwanted, unloved and out of currency

By Mike M. Ahlers, CNN
November 30, 2013 -- Updated 1437 GMT (2237 HKT)
The United States Mint has designed many one-dollar coins. Here are some of the more interesting ones. This "Flowing Hair" silver dollar is believed to be one of the first silver dollars created by the U.S. Mint.
Summary: Most Americans will remember the 1 dollar coin. We used pretty a lot few years ago, but far more than half of all 1 dollar coins ever minted are stored in government vaults. U.S. Mint stopped making 1 dollar presidential coins in 2011 due to a lack of public demand. Government Accountability Office would like to see 1 dollar paper notes phased out. One of Senates bill aims to improve the circulation of 1 dollar coins, bu passage seems doubtful. People are missing their 1 dollar coin a lot and want to see them.

My opinion: Actually, this is not really U.S. government, but I think Economy is a part of U.S. government. When I was in America in 2011, I got that 1 dollar coin from my friend for birthday gift. I thought it was a toy and just kept it. However, it was real money! From that I kept it preciously. I really feel sorry to those who miss our 1 dollar coin!

댓글 3개:

  1. I agree with your opinion, even though economy in US does not seem to relate to US Government class, but actually it is closely related. Chapter 15 that we will do is also about economic systems of government.

    Chris Choi

    답글삭제
  2. I think missing the coins that was used in the past is not only for U.S., but also for every countries. Especially, I miss the past 1000 won with red(?) color... Do you remember? I got this from stationary store and I gave that to Mr. Haley! hehe.

    답글삭제
  3. I remember the coin! I picked it up from the ground when I was in US and I still have it. I sometimes want those kinds of money back, actually.

    답글삭제