2013년 12월 5일 목요일

Week 15 Current Event

Nelson Mandela, anti-apartheid icon and father of modern South Africa, dies

By Faith Karimi, CNN
December 6, 2013 -- Updated 0339 GMT (1139 HKT)
Summary: The one who fight for the freedom, statesman, moral compass and South Africa's symbol of the struggle against racial oppression died. In a nation healing from the scars of apartheid, Nelson Mandela became the moral compass, with bouts of illness, the anti-apartheid icon faded from the limelight in recent years. Mandela spent 27 years in prison; 18 of them were on Robben island. This Mandela's death is astonishing and surprising the people.
My opinion: When I heard this news this morning, I was really shocked. I will miss him a lot and I will remember his accomplishment forever. We need to miss him all...

댓글 4개:

  1. I am so sad about that kind of great man is dead. He contributed to human rights of blacks a lot. Rest in Peace!

    Chris Choi

    답글삭제
  2. It's so sad to see the part of history die, but yet he didn't die in vain!

    답글삭제
  3. I am really sorry to hear this. I really admire him as a man who always smiles and for the first African to be a president.

    답글삭제
  4. Nelson Mandela was the man who dedicated his life for rights for African. He deserves to be called the true hero. I am really sad that we have lost a great man in history

    답글삭제