2013년 12월 12일 목요일

Week 16 Current Event

Wife of U.S. pastor held in Iran pleads for his freedom

By Ashley Fantz, CNN
December 12, 2013 -- Updated 2136 GMT (0536 HKT)
Watch this video
Summary: The wife of an American pastor imprisoned in Iran pleaded with a House subcommittee on foreign affairs Thursday to do something to free her husband. Naghmeh Abedini says she felt she had to fight Iran, and also her own government. Her husband's case was not brought up during recent nuclear deal talks with Iran. She aid her husband has been tortured in prison and has been imprisoned for his faith. This is being a really hot issue and most of the citizens are in anger.

My opinion: I think this might cause a big problem between America and Iran. If this becomes a really big issue, I guess that America will do something more effective. I really hope him to get out of the Iran soon.

댓글 4개:

  1. I hope nothing bad will happen to them and other people. It might be inevitable to get away from conflicts....

    답글삭제
  2. Oh... It sounds bad. I wish there would be no bad thing happens.

    Chris Choi

    답글삭제
  3. I am not sure why he became imprisoned, but I guess it is because of his faith is against Iran. I hope he could be released from the prison. I watched the movie about the mother who imprisoned even though she was innocent and just carried the cocaine without knowing that is cocaine by request from her husband's friend today. This article made me think of the movie that I watched today... It was really sad and I can feel how the his family including his wife feel about the imprisonment of him because of faith or innocence... I hope he endures well, and come out from the prison.

    답글삭제
  4. I am sorry to hear that. I wish everything goes fine.

    답글삭제